U.S. Federal Bureaucracy and Public Policy Worksheet
Review the 15 executive departments listed below, and select five of them:
• U.S. Department of State
• U.S. Department of the Treasury
• U.S. Department of Defense
• U.S. Department of Justice
• U.S. Department of the Interior
• U.S. Department of Agriculture
• U.S. Department of Commerce
• U.S. Department of Labor
• U.S. Department of Transportation
• U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
• U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
• U.S. Department of Energy
• U.S. Department of Education
• U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
• U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Use the departments you selected to complete the matrix below. Consider how these agencies may affect you personally and professionally.
Major Federal Department Sub-Departments (List at Least 3) Identify Departments’ Functions
Sample: U.S. Department of the Interior National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Indian Affairs They oversee the National Parks, manage land resources and potential protected lands, and oversee Native American affairs and needs.
Complete the following question and summaries. Include in-text citations for your facts.
1. Summarize the primary functions of five major departments you selected in a minimum of 90 words per agency, for a total of 450 words minimum.
2. Summarize how the five major departments and their public policies affect you personally, professionally, or both in a minimum of 90 words per agency, for a total of 450 words minimum.?
List your sources here and format them to APA 7 guidelines. You need at least three sources. The materials in the Learning Activities folder include what these should look like, or if you have used sources from my discussion posts, these posts include the formatted references too.
Agency Name. (n.d.). About Agency Name. URL