You are the HR director of training and development of a start-up organization. You have just attended a “future leadership” meeting regarding the need to establish a training program to develop, train, and promote current employees, managers, and supervisors with effective managerial and leadership techniques. During the meeting, upper management decided to implement an incentive training program to develop current employees with the intention of training and promoting them into supervisory positions. A discussion ensued regarding the training guidelines and eligibility requirements for potential future leaders within the company. It was determined that you must conduct an analysis of the benefits of such a training program (resources, applicants, and trainers) and be the lead in developing a training program that promotes positive morale and retention of invested employees.
As the HR director of training and development, you have been asked to provide an analysis of the benefits and challenges of training programs within the newly developed organization. The following must be addressed in your analysis:
· What is the benefit of having an organizational training program?
· Who are the stakeholders in creating a training program?
· Why are training programs or policies important to employee retention and motivation?
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
· Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
· Length: 5 pages minimum
· Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
· Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
· Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography, but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.