Course Title: Strategic Planning & Implementation Competency Assessment Title: Modified SWOT Analysis Total Number of Points: 100
Successful businesses regularly analyze their processes to ensure they’re operating as efficiently as possible and maintaining their competitive advantages.
Although you can assess a company in many ways, a common technique is the SWOT analysis. In this assignment, you’ll practice using SWOT analysis to
better understand the factors involved in making business decisions that promote a sustainable competitive advantage.
Note: You can view sample SWOT analyses by visiting the University Library > Databases > B > Business Source Complete: SWOT Analyses.
Select and research a company from the 2020 Fortune 500 list that demonstrates a sustainable competitive advantage in the marketplace. You may also
choose to use your current employer or a company you’ve worked for in the past as long as you have sufficient data to complete the assignment.
Evaluate the selected company’s sustainable competitive advantage using the SWOT analysis technique. Write a 700- to 1000-word modified SWOT analysis
that includes the following:
• An introduction with a detailed descriiption of the company
• A SWOT analysis diagram that includes strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
• An evaluation of how specific internal factors (strengths and/or weaknesses) support and/or promote a competitive advantage. Examples may include:
• Financial, physical, or human resources
• Access to natural resources, trademarks, patents, or copyrights
• Current processes (employee programs or software systems)
• An evaluation of how specific external factors (opportunities and/or threats) support and/or promote a competitive advantage. Examples may include:
• Market trends (new products or technology advancements)
• Economic trends (local and/or global)
• Regulations (political, environmental, or economic)
• A conclusion with an evaluation of how the company has retained its competitive advantage
Include in-text citations and a reference page with at least 2 sources. Note: You may include your textbook as 1 of the sources.