Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Assignment No 3
1. Distinguish between different types and levels of strategy and strategy implementation (Lo.3)
2. Gain insights into the strategy-making processes of different types of organizations (Lo.4)
3. Understand issues related to strategic competitive advantage in diversified organizations (Lo.6)
From real national/international market, select any type of strategic alliance between two firms and answer the following questions:
1. Briefly introduce your chosen firms, partners of the strategic alliance (industry, nationality, size, market position, etc..). (1Mark)- Max 150 words
2. What is the type of strategic alliance used by your chosen firms? Explain its different reasons. (1Mark)
3. What is the method used by the firms to manage their cultures after alliance? underline the pros and cons of this method. (1 Mark)
4. Is this strategic alliance successful? Justify. (1 Mark)
5. What recommendations can you give for the managers of these firms to improve their competitiveness? (1 mark)
Note. All references used should be listed by the end of your analysis, using the APA style.