Purpose: This exercise is designed to give the students hands-on practice in managing the full lifecycle
of risk management for a set of pre-selected project. The assignments cover key risk management
aspects and associated tools.
Output: a full reports describing each of the assignments listed in the below table.
1 Select a project & develop its project charter
2 Develop risk management plan
3 Identify and list key project risks using risk-cause-effect matrix
4 Develop risk rating matrix
5 Develop risk register
6 Perform qualitative analysis of identified risks in terms of their probabilities & impacts
7 Preform quantitative analysis using EMV
8 Develop and populate risk assessment matrix
9 Develop preliminary strategies to manage each identified risks
10 List selected lessons learned
1. The instructor will use the running case (or separate specific case) to explain the tasks listed in
the above table.
2. As the course progresses, the instructor will discuss and develop these assignments using the
running case. More details may be added.
3. The students will repeat the exercises using their own real-world projects, as selected in Task
4. The set of tasks must be completed accumulatively and submitted by the date specified by the
instructor. The tasks can potentially split into two assignments submitted at two different times.
5. All work must be submitted on-line as one PDF file through Moodle.