Essay Assignment: A Case of Risk Management
Objective: Evaluate risk management, security and safety applications in healthcare.
Introduction: Changes in the healthcare industry have been influenced by new policies and services to meet the influx of people needing healthcare. As the industry experiences rapid growth, so does the need for healthcare organizations to address risk management, security and safety within their physical environments. This essay will give you the opportunity to apply your knowledge of risk management, security and safety in the healthcare industry.
Deliverable: The essay for this lesson is required to be a minimum of 750 words that clearly demonstrate your understanding of the activity. Essays should have a clear introduction, thesis statement and conclusion, written in APA format (https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/). A minimum of three sources, at least two from the lesson, must be cited in-text and in the Reference list.
Step 1: Read the following scenario.
You are a member of the Blue Mountain Hospital safety committee. Blue Mountain Hospital has experienced 397 days without injury to staff, a record they would like to keep improving. Recently in the news, a number of incidents around the world have impacted the security of patients’ personal information and of medical facilities. In response to these occurrences, you have been asked to audit the hospital’s risk management plan and make recommendations that will continue to keep employees and information at Blue Mountain Hospital safe.
Step 2: Write a paper.
Use what you have learned about this lesson’s objective to write a paper summarizing your responses to the scenario and the following questions/prompts:
** Thesis should have 4 parts- one for each prompt/subheading. Finishes introduction paragraph. Please repeat the thesis in the conclusion!
• How will you assess the risks Blue Mountain Hospital faces? Discuss methods, templates and processes.
• How will you manage and mitigate any impact to the security of patients’ personal information?
• How will you manage and mitigate patient, employee and visitor safety at the medical facilities?
• Describe your recommendations for a safety program and how it would help to protect the security of patients’ personal information and the medical facilities and to promote a safety-oriented culture.
Use these writing guidelines:
• Include a cover page and a reference page in addition to your required word count.
• Use correct APA 7th Edition format.
• Double-space text.
• Use section headings to organize.
• Indent paragraphs.
• Include in-text citations as appropriate.
• Use correct spelling, grammar, sentence structure and verb tense.