Full Job Description
SOS International LLC (SOSI.COM) provides interpretation services to the immigration courts in 60+ cities nationwide for 300+ languages. We are currently in need of a freelance interpreter for the immigration courts. There would be potential local, travel, and phone interpreting assignments for this program. We are looking for all languages, dialects, and sub dialects in all major States.
The languages immidialtly needed are: Spanish, Mam, kenjobal, ixil, Dzongkha, French, kikuya, Bengali, Ezza, Temne, Luganda,Quechua,Oroma, Lithuanian, Amdo.
If you join our team, you would be able to provide simultaneous, consecutive, and sight translation for the immigration courts and respondents. There is a high demand for interpreters for this program, and we would sponsor you for the qualification process. This would be freelance work with flexible schedules, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
· Provides consecutive and simultaneous interpretation between your Language (s) and English and vice versa
· Leads three-way telephonic interpretations between Government representatives and low English proficiency individuals as required
· Performs sight translation, occurring when an interpreter is given a written document in one language and asked to read it aloud in another language
· Provides quality control review of translated documents as required
· Performs other duties as required
· Permanent resident or US citizen
· Live in the US , all states included PR.
· (1) year of experience interpreting in a judicial environment is required for all common languages ( Expl. Spanish and french). For rare / uncommon and indigenous language this requirement is desirable, case by case.
· Ability to speak English and Language fluently, including high to low levels of language register, regional colloquialisms, and slang expressions, and do so with clear and intelligible pronunciation
· Ability to perform simultaneous, consecutive, and sight translation in a manner that is factually and conceptually accurate without changes, omissions, or additions
· Ability to preserve the tone and emotional level of the speaker, as well as manage the delivery, speed and length of the statement (projection, pace and pausing) of the speaker
· Ability to maintain appropriate speed and projection while rendering interpretation, and request and incorporate clarification of speaker’s statements only when justified
The rates depends on language and qualifications
Build a resume that will fit the following demand and 4 years of experience.
Full Job Description
· Linguistica International is hiring Simultaneous Interpreters
Simultaneous interpreters convert what is said in real-time. There are no pauses in conversation. This type of interpretation is suited for large-scale events and situations where a pause in conversation is not beneficial.
During simultaneous interpretation appointments, often times interpreters are equipped with headphones and other devices to help them interpret. The headphones block out background noise and other environmental factors that can cause distraction. For large conferences or events, these interpreters will have a microphone so the message is communicated to a large group of people at once.
interpreters assist non-English speakers communicate with their Medical/Legal/Schools or social service providers face to face.
Interpreters are called to cover appointments on an as needed basis working on-call around their schedule.
This position offers great hourly rates, the flexibility you need to work on other projects and is a great way to help your community!
Qualifications and Skills
· Experience in Interpreting
· Interpreters need have complete fluency in their working languages.
· ability to instantly comprehend and convert one language into another.
· Interpreters also need a good understanding of spoken language.
· A good memory is particularly helpful.
· Excellent concentration and the ability to think quickly are essential.
· Convert concepts in the source language to equivalent concepts in the target language
· Compile information, such as technical terms used in various social settings, into glossaries and terminology databases.
· Speak, read, and write fluently in at least two languages, including English and one or more others.
· Relay the style and tone of the original language.