1. Review the document “Rotary Lime Kiln”.
2. From research, determine operating temperature ranges for the kiln to produce lime.
3. Design a control system for the kiln, your design should include all of the components
identified in Figure 1 (Component parts of a gas fired Rotary Lime Kiln) of the document
“Rotary Lime Kiln”. You need not consider cost at all in this design.
Submit your design by the due date via BB as an uploaded PDF file. Obviously, this is a paper
design. Include the following in your portfolio:
1) Include a set of schematic diagrams in the form of Figure 4.10 in the text.
2) Include any controller block diagrams in the form of Figure 4.11 in the text.
3) Identify the requirements of the measurement system (sensors) and include the basic
spec sheet of any functional elements employed in your design along with rationale.
4) Identify the requirements of the actuation system (correction elements) and include
the basic spec sheet of any functional elements employed in your design along with
5) Describe on one page pre-installation testing and precommissioning for your design.
6) Describe on one page operational maintenance issues for your design.
7) Design an operations panel and display system for your design and show a schematic
diagram for it in the form of Figure 4.10 in the text.
The following document may be useful in preparing your design although the format is not