For this task, you are required to complete a project plan template. The template is designed to help a
project administrator in developing management and planning documents for the project they are required
to administer. You are required to review the case study outline below, and complete all aspects of the
template, including completing a timeline for the project which links budget to key outcomes, and a simple
Gantt chart showing durations of tasks.
You are one of the senior administrative staff who work in the marketing department of MacVille Pty Ltd,
and have been given approval after submission of your project concept to continue on with this project. You
now have exactly ten weeks until the launch date for the product, and need to quickly develop a project
plan within the next two weeks to ensure you still have ample time to complete the project. You will need to
watch the video of the Steering Committee outlining the requirements for the project again, and gather the information you will need to outline the project plan and complete the plan with the required timeline and
You will need to watch video containing briefing information, and take sufficient notes from the video to
complete the required Assessment Task.
The video is available on YouTube, or on a media disc provided to your assessor. The video name for this
sector is ‘BSBADM407A: Project Concept & Plan.avi’, and may be found online at
Note that this is the same video as for the first Assessment Task, however you are required to note more
detailed information from it this time.
You are required to:
1. Review the case scenario outlined above.
2. Watch the supplied video briefing and take notes of relevant information.
3. Complete the attached project plan template.
4. Complete a timeline (available from your assessor or from link).
5. Complete a Gantt chart (available from your assessor or from link).
6. Submit the completed template and charts.
You must provide:
completed project plan
Your assessor will be looking for:
project plan – each area addressed
answers – reflect the case study provided
timeline chart – reflects project
Gantt chart – reflects project and accurately reflects estimated durations of all project tasks.
1. Stakeholders: Description of all stakeholders involved with this project
Stakeholder Stakeholder group
Interest in project
Activities: Description of the specific activities you will need to complete within this project.
2. Constraints: Description of any constraints for the project. Some common ones may
cost, where there is a fixed budget with no possible extensions
attendees, where there is an absolute upper or lower limit for attendees
legal, where various forms of legislation may affect proceeding.
3. Venue: Details of the venue you have identified as suitable with a description of the alternate
venues that you have chosen from. Include in your description the key criteria that this venue
meets, and the estimated costs for planned usage. Attach to this plan a location map showing
where the venue is.
4. Resources: Details of all resources available to you to complete this project (Human resource,
equipment and total budget)
5. Resource and task allocation: Details of all of the tasks, activities and resources you have
available to this project, and describe how they will be allocated to meet the required timelines.
6. Timeline: Description of all deliverables for this project, with clearly observable milestones and
activities to be detailed.
Delivery date Milestone
7. Factors for timeline: Description of factors that may affect the timeline negatively and what can
be done to constrain or manage it. Also include a brief description of financially reporting to
ensure payments are made and received on achievement of milestones.
8. Budget: A full budget breakdown, describing all expected costs and attendee income.
Item Description/purpose Amount
9. Considerations: Description of any other budgetary considerations, including potential cost
overrun areas. Also include a description of how you intend to monitor the project expenditure
against the project budget.
10. Monitoring: Describe how the planning and management of the project will be monitored,
throughout all stages of the project, against all tasks, and activities, milestones and other
external requirements. Ensure you discuss how you will communicate any actions that need to
be taken to address significant variations from the project plan.
11. Reporting: Description of who you report and answer to (these may be different people or
groups) throughout this project. In particular you must outline lines of authority, the budget
approval process, and this should reflect organisational policy and procedure and any other
statutory or auditing requirements. Ensure you discuss reporting mechanisms to ensure
payments are made/received as outcomes are achieved.
12. Communication strategy: Describe your overall objectives for communicating and how you will
determine success, audience/audiences, their priority with respect to project communications
(are they responsible for carrying out, accountable? Do they need to be consulted or just
informed), what channels you will use to reach your audience.