During your discussions with the experienced project manager, they stressed that beyond profitability, other key elements your project should focus on are diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), while simultaneously demonstrating corporate social responsibility (CSR). In the marketplace, companies that have diverse project teams get varied perspectives that help the overall project. Just as important, companies that “give back” to the communities they service do better and are supported by millennial buyers—a big target segment for many companies.
For your initial post, research your selected company’s position on DEI initiatives and the CSR programs they currently support via the company’s website. Then, address the following questions about your proposed product or service:
· What is the company’s position on DEI? Do they have a clear policy or initiative around it?
· What actions could you take to ensure a diverse, inclusive, and equitable project team is assembled?
· What is the company’s commitment to CSR and how does it affect their profitability or image in the market?
· How does your product or service align with the company’s CSR program and how can you leverage this position as a competitive tool?
In your responses to your peers, address the following questions:
· How does this company compare to your selected company in regard to DEI and CSR?
· What suggestions do you have to improve your classmate’s plan for their project team?