This will be a written assignment for my advanced Exercise Physiology class regarding performance and training manipulations for optimal sports
For this particular assignment, using Kenney W. L., Wilmore, J., Costill, D. Physiology of Sport and Exercise (7th ed.). Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL. 2019,
you will be answering the following questions in short response/paragraph format. Please answer all questions within 2-4 pages, double-spaced, APA format,
reference list required. At least 2 peer-reviewed articles required, reference list required. The title page and reference list do not count against page limits.
1) Explain the critical training variables and describe which of these variables is the most important (if any) and why. Evidence should be used from the
course readings and outside sources to support your response.
2) Explain the expected cardiovascular & respiratory aerobic
adaptations from chronic aerobic exercise.
3) Explain the expected metabolic adaptations resulting from chronic aerobic exercise.
4) Explain the skeletal muscle adaptations expected from a strength-focused resistance training program vs. a hypertrophy-focused resistance training
5) Provide a 1 week sample workout plan utilizing the critical training variables and an evidence-based exercise prescriiption (Rx) scheme for either a:
middle distance runner, a marathon runner, a collegiate volleyball player, or a college football lineman. Assume they are in pre-season without any
competitions on the schedule.
I have attached recommended resources to elaborate on the assignment expectations. Make sure to provide substantial evidence from scholarly resources
when answering each question. Refrain from making generalized statements.
Notes from my teacher: For the assignment questions- please be mindful that you only have 4 pages double-spaced for the content. I encourage you to
eliminate unnecessary spacing between question responses, to number all responses, and write clearly and efficiently. Complete sentences are required and
if you list things (ex. the expected cardiovascular adaptions to exercise) I will expect you to go into detail for at least one of the things on the list. You don’t
have a ton of room, so keep that in mind as you are writing your responses. More words are not always better. I will not grade past the 4 page limit this weekbut the title page, and reference list are not counted towards content and you do not need to include the question prompt within the assignment if you are
short on space. Simply number your responses