● Please write legibly or type and print your solutions.
● The assignments should be submitted to the Canvas System.
● Filename pattern should be “firstname_lastname_HA2.docx or firstname_lastname_HA2.pdf”
● Should include your name, date, and the assignment number on the top of your submission
● The deadline for the assignment is listed on the Canvas course page.
Question 1: 30 points
Using the Web or another research tool, search for alternative means of defending against either
general DoS attacks or a particular type of DoS attack. This should be any defense other than the
ones already mentioned in Chapter 4. Write one-page summary regarding your found defense
techniques (at least two techniques). You are required to cite all your references that you used to
write the summary. Your answer should include the following information for each of the
alternative defending approaches:
– Name of the defense technique
– What type of DoS attack it prevents
– How it prevents the attack
– Cite a reference for this solution
Question 2: 15 + 15 = 30 points
Considering what you have learned in Chapter 5 and in previous chapters, as well as using outside
resources, write an anti-virus policy for a small business institution or your school. Your policy
should include technical recommendations as well as procedural guidelines. You may choose
to consult any existing anti-virus policy guidelines that you find on the Web to give you some
ideas. However, you should not simply state their anti-virus policies. Rather, you should come up
with your own policies. You are required to cite all your references that you used to write the
policy statements. Your answer should include the following two sections as part of Anti-virus