Music and Dance
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Chapter 9, 10
· Minimum of 1 primary source (from artist)
· Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook – from critic)
Initial Post Instructions
Choose one of the music or dance movements that you read about this week and at least one work from that movement. Then, address the following:
· Examine the movement and specific work in relation to historical and political influences of the movement.
· Identify characteristics of the movement and how the work reflects these characteristics.
· Include a statement from the artist and one from a critic.
· Include a link to the lyrics and/or video depending on your choice.
· Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source)
· APA format for in-text citations and list of references
CO 1: Identify the content, forms, and/or techniques of work of art (e.g., architecture, fine art, literature, and/or drama).
CO 2: Analyze the content, forms, and/or techniques of a work of art (e.g., architecture, fine art, literature, and/or drama).
CO 3: Explain the historical/cultural/social context in which a work was created.
CO 4: Classify works of art using different approaches (by discipline, genre, style, period, etc.) in order to contextualize the works and relate them to a variety of influences.