1. Demonstrate a deep understanding of the logistic function concepts and theories as well as supply chain management strategies. (Lo.1.1)
2. Demonstrate the ability to understand complex issues pertaining to supply chain integration and strategic supply chain partnership (Lo 1.2).
3. Apply essential elements of core logistic and supply chain management principles. (Lo 2.1)
The purpose of this assignment is to identify and apply Logistics and Supply Chain Management concepts/tools to suggest logistics performance priorities.
Use Saudi digital Library (SDL) search engine.
Search Title: New Approaches to Supply Chain Management Concept. Logistics Integration of “Hub and Spoke” Model.
Authors Name: MINCULETE, Gheorghe; OLAR, Polixenia
Source: Valahian Journal of Economic Studies. 2014, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p21-32. 12p.
Read out the research paper carefully and based on your understanding you should answer the following questions.
1. A supply chain consists of all parties involved, directly or indirectly, in fulfilling a customer’s request. Explain with an imaginary Saudi manufacturing company. – (5Marks)
2. Why in the current modern trade, the integration of economic affairs from design to completion is an important priority for every Manufacturing Companies?- (5Marks)
3. Define the parties involved directly and indirectly in the supply chain and their role in the smooth running of the business? -(5Marks)
• Reference should be included