Read Chapter16:(Please provide at least one well-written paragraph supporting your answer)
1. How can land management contribute to climate change mitigation?
2. What are some potential problems with forest carbon sequestration?
3. Find and share other examples of natural carbon sequestration.
Chapter 19:(Please provide at least one well-written paragraph supporting your answer)
1. Global political, economic and ecological megatrends are giving rise to urban and rural development strategies referred to as localization (in part, as reactions against globalization)? Identify one or more of these global megatrends.
2. Around the world there is a rising level of interest in local and bioregional approaches to climate change mitigation and adaptation. Give an example that involves biota (e.g., trees, vegetation) and/or soil.
3. According to an estimate shared during this lecture, how many billion tons of CO2 do experts say we will need to pull out of the atmosphere by 2100 in order to avert major climate disruptions on a planetary scale?
4. Of the estimated 500 to 1000 billion tons of CO2 (or about 150 to 300 billion tons of carbon) that we need to sequester by 2100, how much of this can be accomplished through ecosystem management and restoration?