Answer each question fully, using at least two outside sources (one of them can be the class text) for EACH response. The majority of your response needs
to be in your words, not simply quotations from outside sources. Include citations within your responses, and a reference section at the end of the test, all in
APA format. You CAN use one specific outside source for more than one response if appropriate. You do need to answer all of the parts of the questions
FULLY. Write out your responses double spaced Responses will be graded for content as well as writing skills.
1. Why has the use of employee teams been so controversial? What are the pros and cons for employees? For employers? Textbook Read pages 340 -345.
2. Discuss the union activities that are prohibited under the Taft-Hartley unfair labor practices provision. Find an example of one of the activities in the past
that is not mentioned in your text. Textbook read pages 226-231, 360, 379-381, 396-404
3. Explain the steps of a grievance procedure, including purpose and actions where appropriate. Why do these steps exist? Textbook read chapter 11- 12
4. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using arbitration to settle nonlabor issues such as consumer complaints, employer-employee disputes, and
so on. Find an example from the business world where this has been done in the past that is not mentioned in your book.
Textbook read chapter 12-13
5. Discuss the challenges globalization presents to trade unions and how trade unions are responding.
Textbook read chapter 13-14