1. Read all instructions atop each section or item as you go.
2. Type your answers into colored spaces provided.
3. Answer the following items based on the content of chapter 13, “Inferential Statistics” from your textbook.
1. In your own words, explain the purpose of null hypothesis testing. What is the role of sampling error?
2. A researcher compares the effectiveness of two forms of cognitive behavioral group therapy for social phobia using an independent-samples t-test. What would it mean for the research to commit a Type I error? What would it mean for the research to commit a Type II error?
3. In recent years, the field of psychology has been grappling with the replicability crisis. What does that mean? What has emerged in the field of psychological science that has helped increase the transparency of psychological research? What are your thoughts about why it might be difficult to replicate a finding in the study of human behavior and emotions?
After you finish:
1. Save your work (by clicking Save since you have the file already named).
2. Pay attention to where your document/work is saved.
3. Upload the document into through Turn It In.