· Please submit your assignment as an attachment in your assignments folder.
· Your assignment cannot be accepted via messages or email.
· You must submit to the assignment link by the due date stated in the syllabus for credit. A missing assignment will be assigned a 0.
· Respond to all four questions below on a new, blank word processing document (such as MS Word).
· Develop each answer to the fullest extent possible, discussing the nuances of each topic and presenting your arguments logically.
· In addition, include citations from the class content resources in weeks 1- 4 to support your arguments.
· Each answer should be robust and developed in-depth.
· You are expected to demonstrate critical thinking skills, as well as an understanding of the issues identified. Some questions may also require personal reflection and practical application. Your responses will be evaluated for content as well as grammar and punctuation.
· All writing must be your original work. PLEASE do not copy or quote anything. Sources are just that, a reference. Once you locate the information, read and interpret the data. What does it mean to you? Type your own thoughts and own words. Then, include in-text citations to support your ideas. This is not a research paper.
· Include a Cover Page with Name, Date, and Title of Assignment.
· Do not include the original question, only the question number.
· Each response should be written in complete sentences, double-spaced and spell-checked. Use 12-point Times New Roman font with 1-inch margins on all sides. Include page numbers according to APA formatting guidelines.
· In addition, you will want to include citations in APA format at the end of each answer. Include a minimum of 3 references for each answer.
A) Discuss the evolution of the HR role from administrative to strategic.
· What internal and external factors were involved in this transition?
· Rank and discuss the top three skills needed by HR professionals to be effective as strategic business partners. Provide your rationale with supporting evidence.
B) Reflect on the HR function in your current organization or an organization you have worked for in the past.
· Evaluate the HR role in the organization and discuss the alignment between HR priorities and the organizational strategy (do not name the organization).
· Did you see evidence of a strategic focus? Support your position with specific examples.
A) Select three functional areas of HR (i.e. recruiting, selection, training and development, compensation etc.) and, for each one, discuss how that function supports the HR and organizational strategies. Provide specific examples of goals and outcomes that support organizational success.
B) Consider the organization you work for or one you have worked for in the past. Evaluate the effectiveness of the HR function overall and at least two specific functional areas (do not name the organization). Share at least one HR program or initiative that you found particularly effective and discuss how it supported the organization’s strategy. Why was it effective?
A) Discuss how an organization’s diversity strategy can support the business strategy. Provide at least three specific examples and explain why and how they support organizational success.
B) Consider the organization you work for or one you have worked for in the past and evaluate the diversity program. How was it effective and how did it support the strategic goals of the organization? If it was not effective, explain what factors made it ineffective.
Consider the difference between the concepts of diversity and multiculturalism. How would you determine the difference between an organization focused on compliance versus one that promoted multiculturalism? What evidence would you be looking for and why? Discuss at least four ideas.