Word Count 2500 words (+/- 10%) Includes in-text references, excludes endtext References
Weighting 45% of overall marks
Due Date 7th October 2021@ 2300hrs
1. Critically review the assessment processes used in management of the
consumers with an alteration to their mental health status.
2. Analyse critically the assessment frameworks and specific assessment
tools used in the diagnosis of consumers presenting with specific
symptoms related to an alteration to their mental health status.
3. Apply the principles of culture specific interviewing strategies used for
the purpose of mental health/illness assessment.
4. Demonstrate an advanced level of knowledge related to professional
competence in assessment, program planning and program evaluation for
clients with mental health needs.
There are a number of global issues that impact on the delivery of mental health care
across various nations. This essay examines your ability to critically analyse and
engage in conversations that ultimately affects the way you deliver care as a
clinician. As health care professionals, we should be engaged in the global
conversation and be part of the solution. You should write this essay as a global
champion for mental health issues.
Topic: The current COVID-19 pandemic has had impacts on all aspects of daily life
across the World including mental health of the population. The mental health
consequences of COVID-19 have been described in some quarters as the “fourth
wave” of the pandemic. The impact that the pandemic has had on global mental
health cuts across several domains-demographics, workforce, systems, economic, inbuilt individual capabilities to mention a few. You are required to identify at least 4
key areas of impact to form the basis of your discussion. You should propose
Assessment Task 3 Instructions
strategies that could help address the issues at an individual, organisational as well as
governmental levels. Your discussion should also offer a critique of pre-pandemic
systems that were in place and whether there was any existing system in place to deal
with the issues.
1. Your essay should give a comprehensive overview of the issue that you will be
2. You are expected to draw on what is happening locally and internationally
regarding the impact of the pandemic on mental health outcomes.
3. You should provide a critique of pre-COVID 19 mental health systems and
whether these systems were well prepared or will be well prepared for future
4. You should propose what direction future policies and efforts should focus on
to address the issues you have identified.
5. Draw from a wide range of sources to help inform your discussions.
Presentation and format requirements for essay
• The word count is 2,500 words (+/- 10%)- 7-8 pages (approx.) double
spacing, 11or 12 size font. Please include your final word count at the
beginning of the essay. The word count excludes the references used.
• A minimum of 10 references is required. References used should not be
more than 10 years old except if it is a seminal work/study. Due to limited
amount of studies in this area you should expand your scope to also include
grey literatures, government reports and you can also draw upon newspaper
reports and stories. Use APA 7th ed style.
• Use 2.5cm margins on each side of the page with double spacing between
lines. Use 11 or 12 points fonts.
• You can use sub headings to make your writings clearer.
• Please note even though the rubric is marked out of 90 points, your final
grade would be scaled to 45% of your overall mark for the unit, e.g. if you
receive a mark of 60/90, your final mark would be 30/45.