Your paper should include the following information:
1. Identify three generations of one family (male/female, age, role in the family such as son/daughter, father, mother, grandmother, grandfather). You may use
grandparents, parents, and children. Be sure to find a family with children.
2.Brief health history of each family member (for example what health problems has each member encountered in his/her lifetime). Focus on any/all genetic
diseases that may be present or those for which family members may be at risk.
3. Complete a reproduction history for relevant above identified family members
4. Describe the ethnic backgrounds of family member
5. Identify any growth and development variations of each member
6. State to what extent each family member understands the causes of their health problems
7. Relate what questions family members may have about potential genetic risks
8. Describe what nursing intervention strategies the family health nurse should relate to your selected family based on the obtained assessment
Analyze family genetic health risks
Minimum of four (4) total references: two (2) references from required course materials and two (2) peer-reviewed references. All references must be no
older than five years (unless making a specific point using a seminal piece of information)
Peer-reviewed references include references from professional data bases such as PubMed or CINHAL applicable to population and practice area, along with
evidence based clinical practice guidelines. Examples of unacceptable references are Wikipedia, UpToDate, Epocrates, Medscape, WebMD, hospital
organizations, insurance recommendations, & secondary clinical databases.
Unless otherwise specified, all the written assignment must follow APA 7th edition formatting, citations and references. Click here to download a Microsoft
Word APA template. Review this annotated student sample paper guide which draws attention to relevant content and formatting in 7th edition APA style.
Make sure you cross-reference the APA 7th edition book as well before submitting the assignment. Refer to the ‘LEARNER SUPPORT’ tab for more
information regarding APA 7th edition with comparisons to 6th edition.
Number of Pages/Words
Unless otherwise specified all papers should have a minimum of 600 words (approximately 2.5 pages) excluding the title and reference pages