GENDER OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION RESEARCH PAPER
Why do men and women approach sex and sexuality differently? Does sexual identity change over time? What are the similarities and differences between same sex couples and different sex couples? Take this opportunity to delve more deeply into a topic that strikes your interest, by applying psychological theory and research.
Complete the following if you have not already:
· Choose a topic related to gender or sexual orientation to use for this assignment.
. Gender roles and stereotypes.
. Gender differences in sexuality.
. Male sexuality.
. Female sexuality.
. Transgender sexuality.
. Sexual identity.
. Same sex couples.
. LGBTQ youth.
· Read one of the articles provided in the Gender and Sexual Orientation Topics [PDF] document that is related to the topic you chose.
· Use the Capella library to find one more article to use for your paper.
· Review Chapter 2 in your course text and choose one theory you can apply to your topic.
· Review the Gender or Sexual Orientation Research Paper Template [DOCX] , which you will use to complete this assignment.
The paper should include a brief introduction of the topic and a review of relevant theories and research. The organization of the paper should be as follows:
· Introduction (1–2 paragraphs).
· Descriptions of definitions of key terms (1–2 paragraphs).
· Issues faced by the group or groups (3–5 paragraphs).
· Review of a relevant human sexuality theory or theories related to the group using the course text as a key source (3–4 paragraphs).
· Summary of one related study. You can choose the article provided to you or the one you found (3–5 paragraphs).
. Research questions.
. Relevance to topic.
· Conclusion (1–2 paragraphs).
You should use a minimum of three references for this assignment, including the course text, one of the articles provided, and one additional source you select. Remember to support all portions of your paper with scholarly sources using APA style in-text citations and a reference list.
Your assignment should also meet the following requirements:
· Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA formatting: References and citations should be formatted according to current Evidence and APA guidelines.
· Number of resources: A minimum of three scholarly resources.
· Length: 3–5 double-spaced pages.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
· Template: Use the Gender or Sexual Orientation Research Paper Template [DOCX] to complete the assignment.