– Awarded +10 marks based on report writing and layout/presentation.
– Word limit: this is given in each question.
– Marking criteria: You will be judged on:
-your ability to undertake critical analysis
-your ability to work independently, utilising your own initiative to undertake
the work e.g. finding sources of information, analysing different information
sources in different contexts etc.
-structure, organisation, as well as general presentation of your report
-clear and concise writing.
1) You have been employed as a consultant to analyse investing in the investment products offered at Lendwise: https://www.lendwise.com/
1.1. Explain the business model (plan for making profit) of Lendwise. Explain 5 points.
You are expected to learn about business models; some example links are:
(500 words) (1 point = 100 words)
1.2. Explain 10 points on investing in Lendwise products (high returns?; marketability: sell/purchase products and etc.); each point must be either a benefit or a risk.
(1250 words) (1 point = 125 words)
2) The firm Lendwise is now considering issuing bonds in the primary market, by private placement or public offering. Explain the private placement and the public offering methods and explain one advantage of each method.