Each student will be required to find a current news article about a leadership situation, and
analyze it based on the concepts learned in this course.
Students should combine the material from class readings as well as their own research to justify
Pertinent questions that should be answered in your analysis include but are not limited to:
• What leadership problems or dilemmas exist in this situation?
• From what perspectives might an individual look at this situation?
• What is/was the role of the leader in the situation?
• What obligations did the leader have? To whom?
• What standards and norms underlie the situation?
• What consequences might arise from this situation? For whom?
• Moving forward, what do you recommend the leader do?
Please remember this article needs to be about a leadership situation that has business impact
associated with it. This does not necessarily mean legal impact. There may or may not be legal
ramifications to the situation, but that is not relevant to this assignment.
N.B. A copy of the article being analyzed must accompany the student submission.