elect two well-known corporate brands and two well-known personal brands from the lists below. Explore their websites, paying special attention to information pertaining to the brands’ mission, vision, values, and visual cohesion.
· Life Is Good
· World Central Kitchen
· Oprah Winfrey
· Bill Gates
· LeBron James
· Martha Stewart
· Bill Nye
· J.K. Rowling
In your initial post, include your brief introduction. Then, compare and contrast the corporate brands against the personal brands that you selected by addressing the following:
· Identify the two corporate and two personal brands that you chose to explore. What overarching messages do you think each of these brands convey?
· What aspects of the corporate brands are different from the personal brands? When comparing, consider the brand logo, mission, message, values, goals, and visuals found on their sites.
· What aspects of the corporate brands are similar to the personal brands? When comparing, consider the brand logo, mission, message, values, goals, and visuals found on their sites.
· What do you think makes each of these brands successful?
· Would you make your personal and corporate brands the same or different if you had your own business venture?
Explore and select two personal brands from the list of websites below, then analyze the effectiveness of their branding. This list includes individuals who already work in the communication field and have developed their own personal brands. Pay special attention to information pertaining to the following: personal brand statements, personal brand elements (e.g., mission, vision, values, or visual cohesion), message, target audience, content provided, personality and style, and the role of ethics and professional codes of conduct in the brand.
· Ann Handley , digital marketing pioneer, writer, and best-selling author
· Lewis Howes , former professional football player, lifestyle entrepreneur, business coach, and author
· Ellen Skye Riley , presentation designer, innovative storyteller, illustrator, and animator
· Ximena N. Beltran Quan Kiu , communication specialist and writer
· Andrew Huang , music and video producer
· Gari Cruze , freelance copywriter
· Robby Leonardi , freelance illustrator, designer, and animator
· Tim Holman , tinkerer
In your initial post, analyze the personal brands that you selected by addressing the following:
· Identify the two personal brands that you chose to analyze. Why did you choose these personal brands? What overarching messages do you think each of these brands convey?
· Do you think one of the personal brands you selected does a better job of communicating its brand than the other? Consider the personal brand statements, brand elements (e.g., mission, message, vision, goals, values, or target audience), brand visuals (e.g., logo, photos, or images), other aesthetics (e.g., color, fonts, or white space), content provided, and overall personality and style.
· Are the individuals’ ethics and professional codes of conduct evident on their personal brand sites? Even if they are not directly stated, do you see connections between their personal brand and their professional codes of conduct and ethics? Explain.
· In what ways, if any, do you think either of these individuals could improve their personal branding? Explain.
· How can you take what you have seen and learned while exploring these two examples to inform the development of your own personal brand?
In this discussion, you will share a draft of your personal brand statement and visual considerations for your personal brand to receive feedback from your peers. Hearing how others perceive your brand can help you better understand unintended reactions as well as reinforce your selections, both of which can help you continue to develop your branding materials.
In your initial post, address the following questions:
· Share your drafted personal brand statement, which includes your mission, objectives, target audience, and unique value proposition, and briefly explain how your strengths, goals, values, and codes of conduct were considered and incorporated.
· Based on your personal preferences and the module resources regarding color and typography selections, what colors and typography might you use to present your own personal brand?