Project 3: Design your professional presence
In this project, you will create a professional presence on LinkedIn, a professional social media network that is widely used by professionals and employers in most industries. You will submit a Word document with the same sections as a live LinkedIn profile to see how your professional attributes, goals, and objectives align with the industry, helping you to assess your position and make any adjustment to your professional “game plan”. You will also create a “branding statement” using what you have learned about your industry (System Administrator) and yourself to create a professional profile. Your branding statement could become the summary statement in your LinkedIn profile.
Branding statement examples – Branding Statements (umgc.edu)
At a minimum, complete the following areas in LinkedIn.
Edit the Intro section, where you can
• include a professional headline – Detail-oriented, solutions focused professional, offering 13 years of experience as a Systems Administrator. Demonstrates excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to perform in various challenging environments
• and list contact information. (Everton.email@example.com / 202-779-4133)
Add profile sections for your
• background/work experience – 13 years of System Administrator experience.
• 4 years of Active duty Military Service with the United States Navy
• Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Networks and Security, 2016 UMUC
• licenses & certificates – CompTIA Security + Certification, 2023
• and skills – Active Directory and SCCM experience assisting customers remotely as well installing, configuring various computer software in a LAN environment. Strong troubleshooting skills with various hardware and software applications (MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Internet Explorer etc). Experience troubleshooting VOIP Phones, Desktop Video Teleconference Tandberg (DVTC), printers, desktop scanners and digital senders.
Your work will be evaluated using the competencies listed below.
• 1.1: Organize document or presentation clearly in a manner that promotes understanding and meets the requirements of the assignment.
• 1.4: Tailor communications to the audience.
• 1.6: Follow conventions of Standard Written English.