Please check out this list of short videos and the link to creation myths to be able to answer the questions.
1. the mayan creation myth
2. Hindu creation story
3. Iznami and Iznagi: A Creation Myth from Japan
4. the orgin of life
5. God’s Creation according to Genesis
7.The beginning of the universe, for beginners – Tom Whyntie
After we look at at least 8 creation stories (you may need to find more on your own), please answer at least 5 of these critical thinking questions:
1. Would you agree that creation myths represent one of the most stunning feats of human imagination? why?
2. What similarities/ differences did you notice about the first part of the creation stories? Out of what substance does creation come from? What could be the reason for these similarities/ differences?
3. What role do humans have in the stories? Do they come as primary or secondary actors?
4. What might account for the differences in the material used in the creation stories?
5. What could be lost when you move from an oral account of these creation myths to a written account?
6. Which creation myth was your favorite and why?
7. Briefly explain your own creation belief.