You will create a quick public service announcement and a proposal to back this PSA up. You can choose any topic you like.
Decide whether your PSA is simply raising awareness about an issue or are you trying to get donations for a particular cause or are you calling on people to
act, do you want them to attend an event? BE SPECIFIC AND CLEAR!!
Ask yourself – are you working for a small non-profit and the reach of your PSA is local/community based or are you working for a large national organization
and the reach is state/nationwide.
You will write a 1-page proposal for creating your PSA. The proposal will focus on your reasons for producing the PSA and its health relevance. Use your
research skills to back up your reasons for producing this PSA. The questions and title and put your answer under each question.
Points that need to be addressed in your proposal:
• Who are you (non-profit, CDC, advocacy group, doctor’s office… etc)
• What is the main message and purpose of the PSA
• What do you hope to achieve with your PSA?
• What is the expected reach of your PSA, meaning who are you targeting?
• Who is the core audience?
• What radio stations are you targeting and why? Be specific here and tell me exactly which station you are considering and why.
• What time of the day should your PSA play? Why is that important?
• How would you know that your PSA was effective?
In 75 words or less, please create a PSA based on your issue.
Imagine that this will end up on the radio, so remember what we learned about keeping it simple, short, and sweet and using simple language.