RESEARCH PAPER: FINAL ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
In this final step, you will write a research paper on the topic used in your Research Paper: Topic Proposal Assignment and Research Paper: Annotated Bibliography Assignment. Guidelines for topics are provided in the Research Paper: Topic Proposal Assignment Instructions document. Do not use a paper, a portion of a paper, or topic you have used in previous classes; this will not be accepted.
Develop a research paper that is full of up-to-date research (published within the last 5 years) on your topic. This includes using citations liberally throughout the paper (please do not include direct quotes).
The assignment must meet the following requirements:
• Include a title page in current APA format.
• At least 3–5 pages of content (the body of the paper) while demonstrating your understanding of the theories.
• The first page(s)/section should cover general research on your topic.
• The next page(s)/section should cover research on the Christian counseling theory chosen that apply to your topic.
o For example, if you chose depression as your topic, you should discuss how Christian Counseling theories speak to our understanding of this issue and/or its treatment.
• The final page(s)/section should cover research on Christian counseling techniques that apply to your topic.
• Use Level 1 headings to properly separate these sections.
• A reference page in current APA format with at least 4 scholarly sources and the Bible.
• An abstract is not required.
• Emphasize quality before quantity.
• Follow current APA guidelines throughout the paper.
• Your paper must be typed, be double-spaced, and use a current APA approved font.
• Must cite at least 4 scholarly references in addition to the Bible. The textbook is not considered one of the 4 required scholarly sources. The sources used should be the sources chosen for the Research Paper: Annotated Bibliography Assignment unless they did not meet the requirements (refer back to grading notes on your Research Paper: Annotated Bibliography Assignment). The list of sources may be changed if needed, just be sure they still meet the source requirements.
• No direct quotes but uses paraphrasing with citations.
• Refrain from writing personal opinion and do not use first-person in your writing.
• Your paper will be graded on the basis of clarity, flow, use of resources, interpretations, and conclusions; see the Research Paper: Final Grading Rubric for more specific parameters.
• Written in 3rd person (no I/we/you).
Research Paper: Draft Assignment
After you complete your Research Paper: Final Assignment, you should submit your assignment to the Research Paper: Draft Assignment, to check your Turnitin report and make any adjustments prior to your final submission. After reviewing your Turnitin results, make any edits necessary to your Research Paper: Final Assignment, prior to submitting for a grade.
Submit your paper to check the originality of your work. Any complete sentences that are a word-for-word match of content (from research sources or your text) need to be rewritten to reflect your paraphrase of those words with current APA citations. Direct quotes should not be used. Use the Research Paper: Final Assignment link to submit your assignment to your instructor.
Please see the Research Paper: Final Assignment page under the Research Paper: Final Resources for sample student essays.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.