Respond to each question and provide complete and thorough answers. Each response should be at least a paragraph long and include examples to support your reasoning. (This will help you prepare for the constructed response question on the STR.)
Please number each response, so I know which question you are answering.
1. You are a 2nd grade teacher and want to teach your students consonant letter-sound relationships. What approaches would you take in this lesson? Provide examples.
2. You have a 4th grade student struggling with high-frequency words. Explain what you would to do help them improve.
3. How might Response to Intervention/MTSS be used to improve the whole school’s literacy program?
4. You are a 1st grade teacher. What are some ways you can help students develop phonological awareness?
5. Students in your class are having a difficult time with multisyllabic words. First how would you assess this? Second, what would you do to help them?
6. Through observations, you have noticed that one of your 5th grade students has a limited vocabulary which is also affecting their fluency and comprehension. What are some strategies you can do to increase their vocabulary?