Final Project Content Information
This project will give you an opportunity to learn more about your major. If you haven’t declared a major, pick a topic that is of interest to you. If you find a topic that you like and it is not your major, that’s fine, too!
Your task is to research recent developments, improvements, security changes, anything that relates to the topics discussed in this class by referring to Chapters 1, 2, 9, 10, 13, 14, 16, or 17 from your textbook.
This project has two (2) components:
1) A PowerPoint presentation
2) A 3-page paper
Read Chapter 1 in its entirety. The chapter discusses changes in each industry such as:
• Accounting changes with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, new ways of accounting for your accounting
• Marketing with social media changes, traceability and tracking of purchases, data collection, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, customer relationship management, customer privacy
• IT with cloud technology, ability to be cashless, security issues, new software, open source software vs. paid, increase in programming, so much in IT!
• Finance with data collection capabilities, lending laws, mergers & acquisitions, investments
• Law with changes in laws regarding security, privacy, piracy, patents, intellectual property, working internationally
• Management with quality programs, supply chain management, factory automation, service operations like Amazon, management style changes, business set up changes (more entrepreneurs)
• Human Resources with changes in how we recruit people, the hiring process, the interview process, how we apply for jobs, networking changes
You must create a PowerPoint presentation using “my rules” for PowerPoint. This document is located in Blackboard called My Rules for PowerPoint.
This project must have a component in it where you CREATE AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET. In other words, there must be some secondary data that you research, and that data will be incorporated into your project. Once you create your spreadsheet, create a chart of any kind and put it in your presentation. This data MUST be something you collected not just copied from a book or Internet. Below you will see a screen shot of a slide from PowerPoint to show you how to do this. If you click on the Word table icon, it will insert a table from Word automatically (just don’t forget not to break my rules of PowerPoint on size of fonts!)…the same with charts in Excel. You must research REAL data and create a table and chart and input it into your PowerPoint presentation. This is NOT something separate from your PowerPoint. They are integrated so don’t send me an Excel spreadsheet or a table in Word. This data must contain real facts and figures about your project. Don’t make stuff up just to put in a table and chart.
This project must contain a Microsoft Word table that you integrate in your presentation. This data MUST be something you collected not just copied from a book or Internet.
You must put your citations on the last slide of your presentation.
You must use a Title Slide, a unique Design Template, Slide Numbers, and use Slide Transitions in your presentation.
Your paper must be at least 3 full pages in length using APA or MLA style.
Your paper must be double spaced / use Calibri font / Size 11 font.
You must include a cover page using a template in Microsoft Word.
You must use 1” margins (right, left, top, bottom).
DO NOT TYPE YOUR NAME ON THE SECOND PAGE AGAIN…YOU MADE A COVER PAGE INSTEAD.
You must include a citation page; this does NOT count as a page of text.
There are a couple of things I want to remind you about the project.
On the day the project is due, which is December 10, at 11 p.m., you must submit BOTH:
o the PowerPoint presentation
o the typed, 3-page paper
You must follow the Rules for PowerPoint provided for the presentation. This is in Blackboard in the Content Area on the left side.
No corrections can be made once you hand in your project so please review it before submitting.
UPLOAD YOUR PRESENTATION AND PAPER TO BLACKBOARD; DO NOT EMAIL it. (Do not use SharePoint or Google Docs) I want an attachment from PowerPoint. I’m having trouble accessing SharePoint from home.
LATE PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS WILL HAVE 10 PTS DEDUCTED FOR EACH WEEK LATE.