Identify a current piece of legislation affecting comprehensive case management and specifically your Population of Interest. Identify a local or national legislative contact (i.e., a senator, congressperson, or local lawmaker). After learning about the legislation, compose a professional letter to your identified contact supporting or contesting the passing of the legislation.
In this assessment, you will research your POI and find a current legislative issue related to your POI. Once you have identified this issue, you will identify a lawmaker/legislator that you can contact regarding this issue. You may contact a local, state, or national lawmaker. Once you have identified the issue and lawmaker, you will write a professional letter and send this letter to the lawmaker. You will also submit a copy of the letter to the Dropbox. Please consult the Writing Center on how to write a professional letter. This letter may be mailed or emailed to the lawmaker.
Create a professional letter to a lawmaker that includes the following:
• Short introduction of yourself/how you are connected to the POI.
• Summary of your POI.
• Discussion of how the current law/proposed legislation affects the POI.
• Suggestion for action: what you would like this lawmaker to do regarding this legislation.
• Closing statement/summary.
Complete the assessment as indicated. Record the hours that you spent completing each aspect of this assessment (preparation, reading, writing, presenting, etc.) on the Clinical Practice Experience Log (located under Course Resources). This Assessment should be a copy of your letter in a Microsoft Word document.
• Your Assessment (letter) should include an Introductory paragraph, Body paragraphs, Closing paragraph, Complementary close, and a Signature block.
• Respond to the required elements in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
• Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
• Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
• Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
BELOW is links to our House Representative and Senator