Your Excel project will require you to demonstrate and explain in the narrative form how to use Excel for
the each of following topic.
1. Choose an experiment that will follow binomial distribution.
Example: An urn contains 1000 balls, 100 are green and 900 are white. One ball is chosen
from the urn 100 times with replacement.
2. Use Excel to find the probability of getting a certain number of successes in a certain number
of trials where the probability of success on each trial is fixed.
3. Use the same example to calculate cumulative probability.
4. Redo 2 and 3 again using Excel but use the normal approximation (normal.dist).
5. How do the answers compare?
6. Discuss use of normal approximation to the binomial distribution.