All writing assignments have a purpose. The purpose of this theme’s assignment is writing to inform. Informative writing is supported by research. It is important to have opinions. Academically, it is crucial to support opinions with research. When you consider topics for Informative Writing, you are asking this question: What does my reader need to know?
This week you will write the draft of your Informative Essay. Last week you selected a concept or subject that drives your academic and career interests within your discipline, and you created an outline. This week you will write the draft of your Informative Essay.
Include the following in your essay:
· Inform the audience about the selected topic
· Include information based on own professional understanding of the topic.
· Support the topic with academic research from one journal article.
. Use the Capella library to find an appropriate article.
· Applies proper formatting, including a title page, correct margins, font, and spacing.
. Use APA for citation and formatting.
· Applies accepted conventions of grammar, punctuation, language usage, and mechanics.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
· Written communication: Ensure written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· Length: Submit 2-3 double-spaced pages.
· Font and font size: Use Times New Roman, 12-point font.
· APA formatting: Format resources and citations using current APA style and formatting guidelines. You may find the resources Academic Honesty & APA Style and Formatting and Plagiarism [PDF] helpful.