This Assignment Measures the Following Course Objectives
4. Apply grammar and usage rules correctly.
5. Evaluate library and online resources relevant to a specific topic.
8. Properly document sources through in-text parenthetical and end-of-text bibliographic documentation according to MLA or APA in order to avoid plagiarism.
PURPOSE: Introduces students to other databases (Proquest, Gale, etc) and source evaluation. Reinforces reading and analysis skills, summary, and citation skills while emphasizing issues about plagiarism.
GOALS: Students will complete the research for their upcoming research project. Students will locate, evaluate, and analyze sources for an academic audience.
See materials related to social contract theory, the focus of Project 4
8 academic sources
3 minimum must be PGCC library database resources
1 source must be an academic, peer-reviewed journal article
Will vary with formatting (4+ pages)
· All sources should be appropriate for an academic audience
· At least 3 sources should come from the PGCC Databases
· Includes at least 1 peer-reviewed source that is appropriate to the writer’s reading level and to the assignment
· Includes an introductory paragraph(s) to introduce the research topic and its importance/relevance
· Each source is presented in correct MLA format
· Annotation for each source includes both summary of main claims and evidence and also analysis of rhetorical situation and appropriateness of source for the research question.