Option #1 and Option #2
There are two options available for your Project. Read both Project descriptions and and then choose which project interests you most. You will not complete both projects; you only have to do one. Submit your project selection to the instructor in the for approval.
For this paper, choose which project option interests you most and why. 250-300 words
Option #1: Interpersonal Communication in the Workplace
Consider an interpersonal relationship you have had in the workplace. For this assignment you are asked to analyze the relationship using the following questions:
· What was the nature of the relationship?
· How does this relationship impact your perception (selection, organization, interpretation) impression management, the performance of your self-concepts– including some of the different strategies of interpersonal communication discussed throughout the course?
· What intercultural barriers are present within this relationship (consider factors of gender, sex, ethnicity, and age, for example)? How did you address these barriers?
· What are the verbal and nonverbal challenges within this relationship? How do these affect the relationship?
· What conflict, if any, has occurred and how have you managed this?
· What strategies can you employ to enhance this relationship?
Option #2: Resolving Interpersonal-Communication Conflict in the Workplace
For this assignment, you are asked to describe 10 strategies you would use to build a healthy interpersonal relationship with a business colleague with whom you experience conflict. When creating your strategies you must address the following:
· the type of conflict (expressed tension, interdependence, etc.)
· the ways in which verbal and nonverbal communication shaped your perceptions
· the ways in which listening and/or non-listening impacted your interpersonal communication
· the extent that emotional intelligence was either lacking were problematic
Final Paper Instructions:
1. Include an introduction. It must provide a clear statement of your position on the topic.
2. Your paper must be at 8-10 pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
3. Examine each area of the consultancy report by providing citations from at least 5 sources.
4. A credible source is defined as:
a. a scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article
b. a government – based website or publication
c. a trade or industry journal article, publication, or website, including those from trade organizations such as SHRM.org and TD.org