Critical Thinking – Page 179 of text – Part 1
Please answer these questions?
1. Molly, a twenty-three-year-old college graduate with a 3.5 GPA, was hired as an administrative assistant. She was a fast learner on all the software, but her supervisor had to help her with punctuation. On the ninth day of her job, she resigned, saying: “I just don’t think this job is a good fit. Commas, semicolons, spelling, typos—those kinds of things just aren’t all that important to me. They just don’t matter.” 15 For what kind of job is Molly qualified? (L.O. 1–5)
2. Why is audience analysis so important in the selection of the direct or indirect strategy of organization for a business message? (L.O. 2)
3. How are speakers different from writers in the way they emphasize ideas? (L.O. 4)
4. Why are short sentences and short paragraphs appropriate for business communication? (L.O. 4, 5)
5. Ethical Issue: Discuss the ethics of the indirect strategy of organization. Is it manipulative to delay the presentation of the main idea in a message