Course Title: Introduction to Sociology
1. Identify the main ideas of classical sociologists such as Comte, Weber, Marx, Mead
2. Define basic concepts such as socialization, culture and norms in sociology and apply to situational analysis of Caribbean social life.
3. Explain the social structure of the contemporary Caribbean and the presence of inequality.
4. Evaluate information on institutions such as the family, religion and education in the Caribbean for the formulation of perspectives on social issues.
1. Compare the contributions of sociological perspectives on the interaction between people in Caribbean society.
2. Apply sociological methodologies and interpretation to issues and social phenomena raised in this course.
1. Agree on the relevance of Caribbean sociological perspectives to understanding social phenomena in the Caribbean
2. Defend the use of scientific and non-scientific approaches of sociological inquiry into social phenomena.
Your assignment is to write four (4) learning outcome for each Learning statement to demonstrate your understanding of each Learning statement and how can they can be apply at the workplace.