As a project manager, you must plan and prepare to deliver an aircraft maintenance project and deliver in the format of a portfolio.
1. A new line maintenance section needs to be set up, you as project manager are tasked with planning the project. Analyse an aircraft maintenance procedure or a workshop process within a line maintenance environment that needs to be set up as a one off operation before handover to operations:
• Utilise an existing maintenance procedure as an example
• You can use the USW Jetstream if required
• Use any aircraft type of workshop operation
• You can create a new maintenance procedure/ process if required with agreement from your Lecturer
2. Your portfolio should consist of:
• A summary project scope statement, which clearly highlights the objectives of the project, its deliverables, milestones, scope and other information you consider to be appropriate.
• A work breakdown structure for the project based on the scope statement. This should comprise a minimum of three main deliverables, with at least three levels of sub-tasks. Aim for 20 to 30 tasks at work package level.
• A Network Plan (Activity on Node) for the project, derive and highlight the critical path. Generating a bar chart plan by using MS. Project (Or equivalent) based on the network diagram you developed. You also need to develop a resource plan.
• Identify 4 major risks, linking each risk to the overall project objectives. Prioritising them using a matrix and selecting the risk response strategies and developing comprehensive mitigation steps for each of the top five risks.
• Document the project controls to ensure the project is appropriately governed and remains focussed on achieving its objectives