Health Promotion Lesson Plan & Teaching
Now that you have observed a teacher engage children/adolescents in the learning process, it is time to implement your learning! You will be utilizing a similar Lesson Plan template from 416, growth and development concepts you used in 417 for health promotion, and health promotion ideas from 417. Please do NOT use the same topic you chose for your 416 teaching project.
1. Arrange an opportunity to present a health promotion project for students.
2. Implement a Health Promotion Presentation (for students).
3. Complete and submit the Lesson Plan Template provided. Label: last name, lesson plan
4. Write and submit a reflection that includes all the following details and utilizes the questions asked. Label: last name, teaching reflection
Components to include in paper Points
o Grade level and demographics of your audience
o Stage of growth and development (Piaget & Erikson) and how this will affect your teaching methods
o Set-up of the classroom (rows, circles, tables, etc), and anything else that would help the reader visualize the classroom setting. 8
Objectives: Write 3 behavioral objectives for the students, i.e. The student will . . .
Must be student centered and written in SMART format 6
Identify the teaching methods used and describe how effective they were.
Discuss why they were effective or why they were not as effective as you would have liked. Would a different method have been better? 6
Identify the instructional materials used. How did they affect student learning? Were you satisfied with these materials? Would you have used something different if you had the opportunity? 5
How did you engage the students? 5
Describe the classroom management techniques you used. 5
What evaluation methods were used?
How effective was the overall lesson? 5
Summarize and reflect, including the following
• Were your objectives effective? How did you determine what to cover in your objectives?
• Compare and contrast your teaching experience with the teaching you observed
• Summarize what went well and what you feel you could improve upon
• What did you learn from this experience? 8
Grammar, proper citation, and use of APA 7th edition 2