Before writing your SLA, read your ten journal entries to reconnect with the bulk of your
quarterly reflections. Regardless of the order in which these are presented, Internship Learning
Analyses must address the following themes:
1. Rationale for choosing this particular site at this particular point in the student’s
academic process, and general description of this internship position held.
2. Description and examples of how internship learning objectives listed in the student’s
internship proposal were met.
3. Examples of core assigned tasks and how these relate to student’s areas of interest.
4. Description and examples of skills, whether academic, technical, administrative, or social
those tasks required, and whether the student feels at this point expert, competent, or
familiar with them.
5. Relevant insight on the historical, political, and social circumstances that fostered the
creation/existence of this internship site.
6. Relevant insight on the historical, political, and social factors influencing the larger
phenomena or problem this internship site intends to address.
7. Description and examples of how the current local, national and global disruption has
affected the operations of your internship site.
8. Description and examples of how your internship site has managed to deal with such
9. A summary of the ways in which the internship experience benefited the student in terms
of new learning.
10. Recommendations for making more meaningful, pleasant, and/or academically
productive all future internship opportunities at this site, if the local, national and global
disruption continues beyond one quarter