Prepare a written analysis of Sneaker 2013, Richard Bliss, Mark Potter (Product #: BAB166 -PDF- ENG) The case will be provided for opt in students and opt out students may purchase the case directly from https://store.hbr.org/product/sneaker-2013/BAB166.
For the written assignment, the write-up should include an executive summary (maximum length 300 words) outlining key issues and recommendations. The main body of the report must be no shorter than 5 pages and no longer than 10 pages, single spaced. Figures and tables should be placed in an appendix at the end of the paper. All figures and tables must be numbered and all pages, including pages with tables and figures must be numbered. The report must state recommendations that are supported by both quantitative and qualitative analyses.
The course of action proposed must be backed be extant research.
• Executive summary — Identify the key problem and summarize the thesis statement in less than 300 words;
• Introduction – outlining qualitative analyses, key issues and recommendations. Include relevant facts and issues; This will provide evidence that you have conducted additional research on the problem; Preliminary Assessment of firm problems (Identify the problem and critical assess the underlying causes of the problem; Examine cause-and-effect relations – try to explain why the problem occurred and which actions led to the reason for this problem); all internal and external/environmental aspects the firm in the context of the industry, market, customer needs, competition and technological developments
• Financial Analyses- outlining key issues and basis of quantitative analyses
• Alternatives – describe several alternatives (at least three), describe existing constraints and explain
why some alternatives were rejected; these should be supported by both quantitative and qualitative
• Recommendation/Solution – provide one justifiable and realistic solution to the problem (from the alternatives); explain the reasons behind the proposed solution; support this solution with justification and include relevant theoretical concepts as well as the results of your research.
Figures and tables could be placed in an appendix at the end of the paper but preferably incorporated in the body where appropriate. All figures and tables must be numbered and all pages, including pages with tables and figures must be numbered.