Find a community health assessment for a location near you at the county or city level. Alternatively, you may use a community health assessment from Washoe County, NV. If you are unable to find an online version, contact the city, county, or state health department directly. The report should include sections on reproductive health, adolescent health, and health of the aging.
• If you have reviewed your CHA and it does not include a section on reproductive health, adolescent health, or health on aging, you may bring in additional data sources to compliment the information presented in the CHA. For example, if your CHS is missing information on adolescent health, you may review the Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) for your community to glean information about adolescent health needs and assets in your community. The YRBS can be found through your state department of health website and the CDC.
• If you also use the YRBS, or other alternative source, make sure you submit it or a link along with your assignment and the CHA.
Write a 3–5-page APA style paper on your CHA that includes:
1. A concise, high-level overview of the county demographics and the contents of the CHA
2. An analysis of 3–4 important health needs of the community (The health needs can relate to reproductive health, adolescent health, and/or health of the aging. Be sure to provide an analysis of each health need and why it should be of concern to the community, rather than simply reporting statistics. Draw from public health literature to support your statements.)
3. An analysis of 3–4 assets or strengths of the community that are identified from an analysis of the CHA and supplemental secondary data sources on the community’s strengths, assets, and capacities that may influence the health of the community. (Be sure to provide an analysis of the health strengths and assets of the community (i.e., In what areas of health is the community doing well and thriving? What health-promoting resources are available in the community?), not of the CHA report.)
4. A discussion of the meaningful differences in the needs or assets in the community based on race, ethnicity, and/or age.
5. A conclusion paragraph providing recommendations for the county based on the findings on the needs and assets of the county. Draw from instructional content from the course to date to inform the recommendations.
6. APA-style title page, abstract, and reference list (These are not included in the page limits.)