– Is a PowerPoint Research Presentation Proposal
– Guidelines are:
* Reviewing the textbook’s Table of Contents and Index might be helpful
* Provides a substantive, detailed, and organized outline, which clearly reflects the topic under study, in a minimum of 15 slides (pictures slides also count in the slides)/Provide a clear rationale for selecting the topic
* Provide a clear explanation of the research question
* A minimum of four sources cited (in addition to the textbook if the latter is utilized), 2) a maximum of two Internet sources are utilized, and 3) other books (not including the textbook) and articles (preferably from academic journals) are utilized and cited. The last slide contains the Bibliography/Works Cited section with complete citations for all sources cited. Text of presentation is entirely in the student’s own words (i.e., paraphrased), direct quoting is limited and quotation marks are provided for all directly quoted material, there’s no copying and pasting from sources (with the exception of brief quotations placed in quotation marks), no changing of just a few words, and in-text citations are provided either within the slide or in the Notes area below the slide for any brief direct quotations and all paraphrased material.
* PowerPoint Research Presentation Proposal Format
Please include images.
Length = a minimum of 15 slides
Slide 1 (Cover Page)
Cover page with the title of the presentation and name of the student
Slide 2 (Introduction)
The introduction includes the research question, the rationale for selecting this topic, and indicates the main points that will be examined in the body of the presentation
Slides 3 – 13 (or more) (Main presentation)
Answers or expands upon the research question. The third slide contains the most important information, the fourth is next in importance and the fifth slide (or subsequent slides) in lesser degrees of importance
Next to last slide (Conclusion)
Contains a reference to the introduction (in slide 2) and sums up the major points in slides 3-15 (or beyond); it ends with a “clincher” statement to let the reader know that the presentation has ended.
Last Slide (Bibliography or Works Cited)
For MLA 8th edition, contains “Bibliography” or “Works Cited” section with complete citations for all sources cited. “References” would be used instead for APA 7th edition.
Here i attach some photos of the chapter in which is the topic going to be about and the citation of the book
Healey, Joseph, F. and Andi Stepnick. Diversity and Society. Available from: Textbooks.com, (6th Edition). SAGE Publications, Inc. (US), 2019.