Details of the press file:
• The press file must contain 5 news articles relating to relevant employment relations issues from Australian and/or overseas media;
• Articles must be current and dated within the semester period (i.e. dated 2022);
• Articles must illustrate a broad range of employment relations topics;
• The press file must include a copy of each article;
• Each article must be briefly summarised and analysed;
• The analysis must explain how the article illustrates a concept, theory, or practical compliance that has been covered in the lecture podcasts or text readings;
• As part of the analysis, students are expected to research and cite external sources (e.g. journals, books) that support or justify the analysis of the article;
• Include a reference list;
• All articles must be referenced by publication source, title, date, and author where possible;
• A contents page must be included. The contents page is not included in the word count.
The total word count for the press file is a maximum of 1,500 words, i.e. an average of 300 words per press article.
The press file must be fully referenced, using the Chicago.
The marking criterion for the Press File is:
Identification of relevant issues 5
Examination and analysis of information 15