Video Blog #8: Virtue Ethics
The purpose of the Video Blog (VLOG) assignment is to encourage you to think and argue critically about specific issues related to ethical dilemmas.
You will have the option of identifying an ethics-related problem or issue and creating a short video that describes the ethical dilemma, relates it to the module concepts, and provides insights, recommendations, and/or solutions that address the issues. Your VLOG should state the facts of the ethical dilemma and relate your opinion, grounded in critical thinking and ethical theory. Discuss how your real-world issue relates to the concepts studied in this module and ethical theories.
This week’s VLOG should address ethical issues related to virtue ethics and/or biotechnology.
You may select the tool that you use to create your video.
Your video should be three to five minutes in duration. You may use supporting visual aids (pictures, graphs, etc.) to enhance your presentation.
– Requesting SCRIPT so that I may cover the commentary/voice portion to combine with the video blog.
– Supporting visuals that’ll flow with script be it video resources available online that I may use and create a new video.
1. Problem Identification and Solution – Workplace problem or issue is thoroughly described; the consequences of the problem are identified. Solutions and recommendations are provided; implementation challenges are identified.
2. Connection to Course Theories and Concepts – Clearly connects the issue to the theories and concepts from the course. Incorporates scholarly research with sources properly cited.
3. Video Organization – Video is between 3 and 5 minutes in duration. Organization of ideas aided listeners understanding and retention. Used good transitions throughout which aided flow and helped the listener.
4. Supporting Visual Aids – Kept audience-focused; color, font, pictures, and graphics contributed to the listener’s understanding of the subject; no errors spelling and grammar errors.
5. Video Production and Oral Expression – Video quality is sufficient enough that your content can be clearly heard; varies voice speed and volume to show enthusiasm or emphasize important points. Uses correct grammar.
MacKinnon, B., & Fiala, A. (2018). Ethics: Theory and contemporary issues (9th ed.). Cengage Learning.
1. Identify basic concepts related to virtue ethics. (LO 1, 2, 5, 7)
2. Discuss ethical issues related to biotechnology and bioengineering. (LO 5-7)
3. Apply theoretical concepts from the course readings to ethical dilemmas. (LO 5, 7)
4. Assess current events relative to course readings and discussion topics. (LO 5-7)
5. Present research on a controversial ethical topic including a comprehensive examination of both sides of the issue. (LO8)